Senior Research/Academic Staff
J. Liivi 2, Tartu 50409, Estonia
Dr. Radwa El Shawi is a Senior Research Fellow in Big Data at Data Systems Group. Radwa received her PhD in Information Technology from Sydney University, Australia in 2013. She received her BSc and MSc degree in Computer Engineering from the Computer Engineering department at Arab Academy for Science and Maritime Transport, Egypt, in 2005 and 2008 respectively. Radwa El Shawi's research interest are Computational Geometry, Big Data and Machine Learning.
- R. Elshawi, M. Al-Mallah, S. Sakr (2019), On the interpretability of machine learning-based model for predicting hypertension. BMC medical informatics and decision making 19 (1). [PDF]
- R. Elshawi, Y. Sherif, M. Al-Mallah, S. Sakr (2019), ILIME: Local and Global Interpretable Model-Agnostic Explainer of Black-Box Decision. Proceedings of the 23 European Conference on Advances in Databases and Information Systems (ADBIS). [PDF]
- N. Mahmoud, Y. Essam, R. Elshawi, S. Sakr (2019), DLBench: An Experimental Evaluation of Deep Learning Frameworks. Proceedings of the IEEE International Congress on Big Data (BigDataCongress). [PDF]
- R. Elshawi, Y. Sherif, M. Al-Mallah, S. Sakr (2019), Interpretability in HealthCare A Comparative Study of Local Machine Learning Interpretability Techniques. Proceedings of the 32nd International Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems (CBMS). [PDF]
- T. Daghistani, R. Elshawi, S. Sakr, A. Ahmed, A. Al-Thwayee, M. Al-Mallah (2019), Predictors of In-hospital Length of Stay among Cardiac Patients: A Machine Learning Approach. International Journal of Cardiology, Elsevier. [PDF]
- R. Elshawi, S. Sakr, D. Talia, P. Trunfio (2018), “Big Data Systems Meet Machine Learning Challenges: Towards Big Data Science as a Service”. Journal of Big Data Research, Elsevier. [PDF]
- S.Sakr, R. Elshawi, Amjad Ahmed, Waqas T. Qureshi, Clinton Brawner, Steven Keteyian, Michael J. Blaha, and Mouaz H. Al-Mallah. "Using machine learning on cardiorespiratory fitness data for predicting hypertension: The Henry Ford ExercIse Testing (FIT) Project." PloS one 13, no. 4 (2018). [PDF].
- S. Sakr, R. Elshawi, A. Ahmed, W. Qureshi, C. Brawner, S. Keteyian, M. Blaha, and M. Al-Mallah. "Comparison of machine learning techniques to predict all-cause mortality using fitness data: the Henry ford exercIse testing (FIT) project." BMC medical informatics and decision making 17, no. 1 (2017): 174. [PDF].
- M. Al-Mallah, R. Elshawi, A. Ahmed, W. Qureshi, C. Brawner, M. Blaha, H. Ahmed, J. Ehrman, S. Keteyian, S. Sakr “Using machine learning to define the association between cardiorespiratory fitness and all-cause mortality”. American Journal of Cardiology , Volume 120 , Issue 11 , 2078 – 2084. [PDF].
- M. Al-khateeb, W. Qurashi, R. Odeh, A. Ahmed, S. Sakr, R. Elshawi, M. Bdier, M. Al-Mallah. "The Impact of Digoxin on Mortality in patients with Chronic Systolic Heart Failure: A Propensity – Matched Cohort Study ". International Journal of Cardiology, Elsevier, 2017, Volume 228, Issue 1, pp. 214-218. [PDF].
- F. Bajaber, R. El Shawi, O. Batarﬁ, A. Altalhi, A. Barnawi, S. Sakr. "Big Data 2.0 Processing Systems: Taxonomy and Open Challenges". Journal of Grid Computing, 2016, Volume 14, Issue 3, pp. 379-405. [PDF].
- O. Batarﬁ, R. Elshawi, A. Fayoumi, A. Barnawi, S. Sakr. “A Distributed Query Execution Engine of Big Attributed Graphs". SpringerPlus Journal, Springer, 2016, Volume 5, Issue 1, pp.1-26. [PDF].
- A. Barnawi, A. Awad, A. Elgammal, R. El Shawi, A. Almalaise, S. Sakr. "Runtime self-monitoring approach of business process compliance in cloud environments ". Cluster Computing, 2015, Volume 18, Issue 4, pp. 1503-1526. [PDF].
- O. Batarﬁ, R. Elshawi, A. Fayoumi, R. Nouri, S. Beheshti, A. Barnawi, S. Sakr. "Large Scale Graph Processing Systems: Survey and An Experimental Evaluation". Cluster Computing, Springer, 2015, Volume 18, Issue 3. [PDF]
- R. Elshawi, O. Batarﬁ, A. Fayoumi, A. Barnawi, S. Sakr. "Big Graph Processing Systems: State-of-the-art and Open Challenges". Proceedings of the IEEE BigDataService, 2015. [PDF].
- A. Awad, A. Barnawi, A. Algammal, A. Almalaise, R. Elshawi, S. Sakr. "Runtime Detection of Business Process Compliance Violations: An Approach based on Anti Patterns". Proceedings of the 30th ACM/SIGAPP Symposium On Applied Computing Enterprise Engineering Track, 2015. [PDF].
- A. Barnawi, O. Batarﬁ, S. Behteshi, R. Elshawi, A. Fayoumi, R. Nouri, S. Sakr. "On Characterizing the Performance of Distributed Graph Computation Platforms". Proceedings of the 6th TPC Technology Conference on Performance Evaluation and Benchmarking, 2014. [PDF].
- C. Otfried, R. El Shawi, and J. Gudmundsson. "A fast algorithm for data collection along a fixed track." Theoretical Computer Science 554 (2014): 254-262. [PDF].
- R. El Shawi, J. Gudmundsson, and C. Levcopoulos. "Quickest path queries on transportation network." Computational Geometry 47, no. 7 (2014): 695-709. [PDF].
- R. El Shawi, and J. Gudmundsson. "Fast query structures in anisotropic media." Theoretical Computer Science 497 (2013): 112-122. [PDF].